9.13.2005

bye bye Philip

philip leaving Today Philip left Norfolk for bigger and better things. Although I will miss him like crazy over the next six weeks (44 days to be exact), I know that he is doing the right thing. On a funny side note, that suitcase he is carrying is full of his sock creature supplies and when he was pulled aside for a random search at the airport, they opened up his bag to find it full of polyfil and sock parts. I'm sure this was a first for the Norfolk TSA.

On a happier note, I received my new secret pal today! Of course I can't tell you who she is, but I am thrilled to have a new person to buy and create goodies for. Below is my finished questionnaire for SP6.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I am a vegan so I only buy plant based and synthetic yarns, the exception to this rule is recycled yarns in which case I'll use anything. I really love trying new fibers such as ingeo, banana silk and soy silk. I just like stuff that feels nice.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? Currently I am spinning on a drop spindle, but I am hoping to get a wheel for Christmas this year.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) CATS!!!

4. How long have you been knitting? Off and on for 6 years, but really intensively for the last 1.5 years

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have an amazon list that I try to keep updated.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Good question, I love most fruit scents except citrus and my favorite scents are Nag Champa (not really a scent), sandalwood, and jasmine.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Sadly yes, but I don’t really like chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I love to sew, rescue and revamp trash, and cook.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love indie pop that is a little electronic as well as all things Japanese.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I hate the color salmon, but other than that I like everything. I prefer brighter colors and browns.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Typically, I live with my husband and our dog Astrid in an apartment, but right now it is just Astrid and I while Philip is off finding a new job and a new place for us to live. We will be moving in October (don't worry SP, I'll send you a forwarding address.)

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) I want to own a store and live in an apartment above it with a rooftop garden. In real life I would settle for just the store.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I had some fabulous hemp/cotton that a friend of mine bought a few years ago, but I haven't found it since. I really like cottons, especially hand-dyed ones, bamboo, and crazy blended fibers.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I am vegan (technically a freegan) so I don't use any animal fibers unless they are recycled.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I love knitting little things that have no practical use.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Hats, I can't seem to stop knitting hats.

17. What are you knitting right now? Lots of swatches for TKGA master knitter, cigar gloves from knitty, ribbed staff shrug from Interweave, and a simple shawl.

18. What do you think about ponchos? I don't need a poncho.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circulars although I am warming up to dpn's.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? My favorite needles arBrittanyey birch needles and I lovAddisis.

21. Are you a sock knitter? No, but I really want to be. I swear I am going to start a pair of socks soon.

22. How did you learn to knit? Self-taught

23. How old is your oldest UFO? ThatÂ’s a little personal donÂ’t you think?

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Deery-Lou

25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween

26. Is there anything that you collect? All things tiki- mugs, coconut monkeys, vintage Hawaiian cards and posters, lately I have also been collecting vintage cookbooks (1950-1969)

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Cast-on through my TKGA membership, but other than that I just pick them up when they have something that catches my eye

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Knitting Over the Edge

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? Not that I can think of

ETA: 30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like? I don't know how to measure my foot, I wear a size 9 if that helps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gawd that's an awful picture of me.
so you hate citrus scents huh? well i'll be damned. and here i was buying citrus scented bath products all these years.